Perfect for sharing with friends on a cozy winter evening
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cups of plain flour
pinch of salt
2 table spoons of oil
3 to 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying
2 table spoons of sugar and cinnamon for coating
– Firstly you want to heat the oil in a pan ready for frying, you should start this before mixing so its hot enough to fry.
– In a boil, mix together the water, salt and 1/4 cup sugar until it has dissolved, add the flour and 2 table spoons of oil and mix well into the batter
– Spoon the batter into the piping bag with attachment of your choice -we used a large star nozzle.
– Pipe the batter into the oil creating about 4 inch long churros, use the space in the pan but don’t over fill as they will stick together-fry until the outside is gold brown
– Remove from the oil onto a piece of tissue paper to soak up any excess oil and then sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon and serve with choc shot dipping sauce.
Images by Joshua W Parkinson Photography